Save the Date: Sunday, July 21st
Join us at Earth Sky Time organic farm in Manchester, VT for a day-long gathering of workshops and music, along with great food and conversations. The doors open at 10:00 am, with activities for the whole family until 10:00 PM. This SolarFest Celebration is another opportunity to gather, share ideas, and learn how to best confront the challenges of our time. We’re busy organizing the schedule and hope you will contact us about becoming a performer, speaker, sponsor or exhibitor at SolarFest ’19.
SolarFest 2018 at Stratton Mountain
This two-day celebration of the power and the possibilities of renewable energy and sustainable living, was packed with fun and friendly programs for the whole family, including nationally recognized speakers and a wide range of exciting workshops, indoor and out highlighting the latest in renewable energy & conservation, green buildings, zero-emission transportation, public policy & activism, sustainable living & food, music and arts, technology and innovation.
As part of SolarFest, legendary filmmaker and activist Josh Fox, performed “The Truth Has Changed” a new performance tour to address our democratic emergency and mobilize the VOTE. From his experiences as a first responder during 9/11, to his groundbreaking reporting on fracking, to his eye opening eco-flights over the Gulf of Mexico during the BP oil spill, to Hurricane Sandy to the massive rallies for Bernie Sanders during the 2016 election and the Democratic Convention to Standing Rock and beyond, Josh Fox is an eyewitness to history. The Truth Has Changed tells the story of this terrifying progression of American history from a front row seat.
Live Music on Stage
After a full day of workshops and family activities the main stage music was kicked off by The Balkun Brothers, named the ‘Best Rock Band in New England’ at the 2017 New England Music Awards. Burlington’s own high-energy Gang of Thieves headlined the event, following their “Work Together Tour” where they volunteered in numerous communities around the country hoping to make a positive impact.
- Designing an Off-grid Solar System
- Solar Powered Transportation
- My NetZero Energy Home 10 years Later
- Planting for Pollinators in Solar Fields and Beyond
- Electric Vehicle Policy in the Northeast
- Carbon Farming
- The Benefits of Socially Responsible Investing
- EV Owners Roundtable Tell-All
- What is your plan when the power goes out?
- Biophilic Design Theory, Practice & Process
- Should I do it now or should I wait?
- Reaching Sustainable 3 tons CO2 Per Person/Year
- Theater as the Vehicle for Social Change
- A Crash Course in Building Resilience
- Fossil Free New England
- Waterless Composting Toilets
- Community Solar: How does it work?
- Energy Storage 101: Backup Power + Energy Management
- The Path to Zero Energy Homes
- Solar Investments for Income
- An Earth-connecting Masterclass in Standing in Balance
- Creating Homegrown Intentional Communities
- Circus Arts
- Using Heat Pumps for Savings, Decarbonization & Comfort
- and, 350 VT Presents: Climate Solutions for People of the Future and
What Kind of Changemaker are You?